4.28.2010

Weigh-in Wednesday: Clearly, I'm Delusional

Well, it's weigh-in Wednesday and boy oh boy have I been hit with a little whammy. It's not so much the scale's report: I'm only 0.4 lbs up from last week and still on track for my long term goal. It's what I learned about my program when I entered my weight that woahed me.

It seems that I am logging an average of 1878 calories a day. Which should be cool (albeit suspicious) given that my goal is 2100 a day.

Let me say at this point that I believe myself to be an honest person with a fairly no-nonsense approach to my weight loss program. After all, what, exactly, would be the point of lying? Who, pretell, would I be lying to that wouldn't discover the ruse upon inspection of my rump?

Ah, but lie I have apparently. My little bodybugg system says that based on my measurements, my actual daily average for caloric intake is 2735.

Como se huh?

Yep, that's right. I am seriously missing something. I read the little tutorial that the bodybugg system cues (probably to avert some sort of anxiety attack) and it explained that there is something called caloric amnesia that results in people not recalling what they've actually consumed.

The top three culprits for my "condition" are: (1) large portion sizes like the burrito I inhaled from Chipotle last week that was the size of small child, (2) portion distortion (believing the portion is okay, when in fact it is not) like the amount of cream I actually put into my coffee each morning or the two pats of butter that I slip onto my Nutrigrain waffles, and (3) forgotten items like the Oreos that I scarffed down on Monday night but didn't make their way onto my food chart.

So, there we have it. I suppose the old nutrition will need a massive overhaul afterall. No worries, as always, I have a plan to make a plan and it will be revealed as soon as I figure out what the heck that plan is!

The nutrition factor has been the dangling participle of my weight loss program for a while now and it's time to get a serious grip. I've heard advice from here, there and everywhere and the truth is, nothing is sprucing the old goose.

Despite the best intentions, the truth is that I am never going to stick with something if I don't like it in my heart. It's like dating a dud; at some point the old eyes are gonna wander, so why even set yourself up?

In other news, I learned several very valuable little tidbits of fitness knowledge on my 5K run today that I would love to share with you:
1. Loose-fitting hip hugger underwear are not a good idea when running.
2. Swiss Beats is a genius and "My Chick Bad" will make you run even if you think you have nothing left (you can find it on I-tunes under Ludacris).
3. When in doubt, the telephone pole game always works to get you motivated. Just run from pole to pole, then rest from pole to pole, then repeat. Today I went two pole lengths running and one pole length walking for the last mile of my run.

Today's final 5K stats: 00:49, 501 calories burned.

There it is folks, fitness gold from the delusional calorie counter.

Until next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMFG!! Where do I start???
First, I was already thankful that I obsessively wear pantyliners every day from...
"inspection of my rump"
quickly followed by
"large portion sizes like the burrito I inhaled from Chipotle last week that was the size of small child"
I do think my all time favorite might be:
"Despite the best intentions, the truth is that I am never going to stick with something if I don't like it in my heart. It's like dating a dud; at some point the old eyes are gonna wander, so why even set yourself up?"
But then you followed up with "the telephone pole game"- ahahahahahaha!!!
Just when I though that I had enough absorbtion, I noticed that you'd changed your "About me" and the analogy between nailing you and Scott nailing you was just too damn much!! Thanks to you, I had to run up for a quick shower and change!!
Now, I'm going to tempt fate as a skinny b*tch (you know how that went with me blading the other day), but I DO LOVE YOU, so here goes:
I strongly believe that our efforts in the right direction are frankly...JUST FINE!! Perhaps, they are even better than that! We grew up (like all the generations before us), not knowing or caring a damn thing about health and nutrition, and somewhere deep in my bones (where I'm sure I've got some medicine-woman blood) I'm CERTAIN that our efforts are more than enough, my Beautiful Friend!! So, CHILL!!
So...run around your poles and eat whole grain bread instead of bleached white and cut out sodas (mostly) and I have no doubt that you'll be healthy and REMAIN BEAUTIFUL! xoxoxo