5.20.2010

Fun Fitness Find: Blinged Bodybuggs from blingmythang.com



My newest fun fitness find is my blinged bodybugg armstrap from blingmythang.com. (Big thanks to Jen Boatman!)


Do I need it? No, but I love it!


I got it in the mail today and you'd have thought it was Christmas! I was a blur of woohoos and baby, did I need it after having not one, not two, but three servings of stove top cornbread stuffing with oysters & cranberries.


I opened my blinged thang and felt like Cinderella getting a dress for the ball. I high tailed it out of here and hit the gym -- again -- just so I could take it out for a twirl.


I know that no one needs fancy styles or clothes to work out. There's a woman who walks the trail I run who wears some sort of old leather flats on her morning journey. It also looks like she's wearing cut off warmup pants and her husband's old jersey. It's the same outfit every time I see her and I am certain that she is burning calories and feeling great.


She shakes her head at me the way you indulge a silly child as I run by, clad in matching outfits, bodybugg on one arm, lime green IPod on the other, Head bobbing to Ludacris. I can only imagine what she'll think when she sees me whizzing by with my thang just blinging.


I don't care, I'm Cindy in glass slippers running like it's five till midnight.


And yes, my husband just smiles at me with that smile that says, "That's why I love you baby, because you are sweet, but just a little bit crazy."


It's all good.


Here's the deal: When I work out, I can think of a million reasons to just stop. To sit my rump down on the concrete or wood or spongy gym floor and say, "To heck with it." Then I catch a glimpse of myself and I see a bright happy color -- the lime green or pink of my shirt, the screaming orange of my Ryka shoes, coordinated blacks of my pants and visor -- and I look the part, I feel the part.


Truth be told, that money used to go toward burgers and fries. Now I cook dinner and pool the cash for workout toys. How can that be wrong?


I like pretty things. I like to feel good when I catch my own reflection -- Lord knows it's been a while since I could truly say that. For now, I feel like my blinged thang is the equivalent of Dorothy's ruby slippers; it is sparkly and it can help me tap the strength inside to be where I so long to stand.


Until next,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your posts are my guilty pleasure. So glad to see that you are sticking with the workout. Let me know when you will be running a 5k, maybe I'll come run it with you!

Cammy

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, the bug and the green! Now about this "little bit" crazy comment...

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks, Cammy! I love that :o). I definitely will keep you posted on the 5K. I'm shooting for a late June debut!

Hey there Anonymous #2 -- The crazy moment was oh-so-crazy. First day pyscho choice if you know what I mean. Ended up pouring water in the dang stuff to stop eating.