10.30.2010

Fun Fitness Find: Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel


Okay, so this one is straight from the "keeping it real" files.

If you are getting back into fitness, chances are that you have some area on your body that is occupying a bit more space than originally intended. If you are anything like me, this inconvenient little truth might just result in a little chafing.

Thunder thighs scrubbing?

Extra boobage rubbing the inner arm?

Bra strap screeching back and forth?


It happens to the best of us so don't feel bad. I was watching this hilarious dance show called Dance Your A$$ Off that is like an odd hybrid of Biggest Loser & Dancing with the Stars and a TV commercial for Lanacane Anti-Chafing gel came on. At first I giggled, but an ill-chosen wardrobe (boy shorts connected to an adorable tennis-style skirt) made me a believer.


I drew blood on my inner thighs at an early morning bootcamp run in said skirt and re-thought the genius of the product. About a month and a half ago, I slipped into my local Walmart and grabbed a tube. Since then, I've found that it also counteracts the scrubbing of my bodybugg on the inner arm and my braline (shoulders & chest).
The result? No more irritation & the darkening on my skin is fading. Hey, now that showing a little skin is actually a possibility, I gotta cover my bases :o)
Until Next,

No comments: